Managing any type of store requires a lot of work. Depending on the size of your store, you may oversee a team of managers and department heads, or you may oversee the entire operation. Whatever the case, it’s a big job!
One of the major concerns for managers is customer and worker safety. A key component in safety is cleanliness. Cleanliness matters for a variety of reasons and is necessary both behind the counter and out on the floor. Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s success hinges greatly on participation at all levels and in all departments.
Make Great Customer Impressions
Cleanliness matters to the majority of people. Your store will initially be judged on how it appears. Is it clean? Does it smell bad or look bad? Are there noticeable signs of wear or disrepair? These are all things that your customers will notice. Make sure that you take care of maintenance issues right away; before they develop into a larger problem.
Know When to Hire Out
Subcontracting out your cleaning duties can also help to improve employee productivity and morale as it takes considerable effort to properly maintain and clean all the necessary areas. Floors in particular will need special attention in order to keep them up to standard. They are also difficult to properly maintain without the proper equipment and know how. That’s where hiring a Montreal cleaning service
will greatly help. Professionals will have both the equipment and staff to efficiently and economically take care of all your cleaning needs.
13 Tips for Keeping Your Store Clean:
- Keep aisles clean and free of packaging materials like plastic and boxes
- Store shipments out of customer traffic areas
- Deal with any hazards immediately
- Mop up spills or messes immediately
- Have staff members wash their hands often
- Clean uniforms regularly
- Make sure there is proper drainage where needed
- Provide adequate sanitation supplies to employees
- Provide proper training to employees for all duties
- Ensure proper food handling and preparation procedures are followed
- Thorough sanitization of all food preparation areas
- Maintain floor surfaces and fixtures
- Have a daily cleaning routine
These are just the basics when it comes to cleaning a store. There are many other places that require regular and thorough cleaning. It can take significant time to properly clean and maintain your store; so consider hiring a professional Montreal cleaning service
to step in and do it for you will not only save you time and effort; you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that proper cleaning is being performed according to your schedule.