Everyone has to go to the...
Bathroom, restroom, washroom; however you call them, they require proper care and attention to ensure that they are not only maintained, but also that they are not a source of spreading contamination. The bathroom is also a direct reflection of your business, office or establishment and making sure that reflection is a good one means providing adequate cleaning, often provided by an outside office cleaning Montreal service.
Update your restroom cleaning checklist
We’ve all seen those checklists hanging somewhere inside a public washroom outlining the necessary tasks and initialed by staff members periodically during the day. This is a great start to making sure your washroom stays clean, but are you missing some important areas? Take a quick look through the following list to see if your checklist is up to snuff:
- Washroom sinks and counters. Sometimes even dirtier than the toilet, washroom sinks are an important area not to miss in your cleaning routines. Be sure they are maintained throughout the day using disinfectant cleaning supplies and methods that won’t further spread any existing contamination elsewhere.
- Toilets. Obviously toilets are prime suspects due to the nature of their use. But using rags, mops or other materials to clean them is a big no-no. Especially if you then go on to use those rags/mops in other areas of your building, thus spreading germs throughout.
- Dispensers. These pieces are easy to ignore, but be sure your cleaning crew is properly sanitizing them on their daily checks. Hiring an office cleaning Montreal service can guarantee your washrooms are brought back to ground zero each day, without relying on busy staff members.
- Floor cleaning Montreal. Washroom floors are disgusting! It is imperative that you use proper floor cleaning techniques using separate bathroom-only supplies and cleaning gear. A quality floor cleaning Montreal service will ensure your floors are sparkling and sanitized.
- Stall doors. As a matter of fact, all the doors! You can easily see where everyone touches the stall doors (and other doors) to open and close them, so be sure someone is wiping these areas clean. Or better yet make use of touch-less cleaning practices to sterilize these areas.
- Garbage cans. Trash is trash, be sure it doesn’t contaminate any other areas in the washroom. Biggest thing to watch is that it gets emptied according to use. If your washroom is very busy, this means periodically throughout the day. If not, your Montreal cleaning service can empty them after hours.
Don’t touch that!
No-touch design revolves around the idea of minimizing contact between people and washroom surfaces. Areas like the toilet handle; soap and paper dispensers, faucet handles and such are among the most contaminated areas in your washroom. These places are all showing up with motion sensor activated features. Not only does this minimize the need to touch these surfaces, it allows for the common culprits to be eliminated. A big improvement in many of today’s office cleaning Montreal services is the growth of no-touch cleaning practices using specially designed equipment and cleaning supplies that won’t further spread contamination into other areas of the building. This allows for thorough sanitizing without spreading the mess.